October 29, 2016
Marketing strategies can sometimes be expensive, especially for a small business that’s just starting out or trying to grow.
But there are a few ways to market your site without spending a lot of money. Affiliate marketing is one option.
There are pros and cons to the things you do for your business or website, and affiliate marketing is no different. But growth can be had if you consider your options.
So what are the benefits of affiliate marketing?
- This is easy to start. You select your product, sign up to be an affiliate, and put the tracking codes on your website.
- There are no skills needed because a good affiliate product will provide what you need, like banners, ads, and links.
- Visitors will see your banner on your page, so there is no need to provide extra promotion.
- You can make some income this way. The more sites that you affiliate with the more you can make.
There are a few downsides to affiliate marketing.
- There are commission fees for every sale you make, because there is a middle man between you and the merchants you sell with.
- You really need do your research so that you can look for fraud, many programs are just trying to make easy money and are misleading about what they provide.
- Of course your income may not be steady because sales may not occur on a regular basis, your income will vary depending on the clicks you get.
- Watch out for hackers, they can link instead of your affiliates, so when a customer clicks though, they are routed to a different site and the money goes to them and not you.
- This is a highly competitive area to be in because there are many affiliates, it’s hard to stand out among everyone else.
Affiliate marketing is a good way to make extra money online, especially if it’s for products you already use and like and promoting them is part of a larger plan. It can produce residual income with little work on your part. Research and follow through is very important, make sure you check on your links on a regular basis to make sure that all your links are working as they should.